Taronga Zoo is a COVID Safe site.
In line with the latest health advice from NSW Health, Taronga’s Zoos are temporarily closed. We look forward to welcoming guests back on site as soon as health orders permit.
Read the full updates about these current closures.
Your Zoo Friends Membership
We know this extended lockdown has been challenging for the whole NSW community, and are grateful the ongoing support of our Zoo Friends community at this difficult time.
We don’t want any of our members to miss out on exploring the Zoo, and want to assure our Zoo Friends that memberships will be extended based on the period they have been impacted by closure.
As the situation is fluid and continues to evolve, these plans will be finalised once the closure periods for the Zoos are known. We will confirm full details of membership extensions prior to the Zoos reopening. Please keep an eye on your registered email address, where full details will be confirmed.
If you are not currently receiving email updates from Zoo Friends, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by calling (02) 9969 2777 (opt 3) to confirm your details are up to date.
Explore Taronga from home
Did you know meerkat family is called a mob, or that a Capybara teeth never stop growing? Get to know the amazing animals at Taronga from the passionate keepers that care for them, with our virtual Keeper Talks.
From the Australian outback to the Great Southern Oceans, explore Taronga from home with our range of downloadable kids activity sheets, featuring colouring in, arts and crafts, fun facts and more!
In 2020, Taronga Education teamed up with the Children’s Book Council of Australia NSW Branch to celebrate Book Week. Join talented authors and illustrators on their wild journey around the zoo.
To get the most out of your membership, be sure to familiarise yourself with our full list of member benefits! Check out some of our favourite perks and top tips:
- Travelling interstate? Zoo Friends receive reciprocal entry to interstate Zoos including Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Adelaide Zoo, Montaro Zoo and Perth Zoos! Please note that free child annual pass holder will be charged an entry fee at Perth Zoo, Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo (See the Terms and Conditions for full details)
- Half price parking: validate your ticket at the Zoo Friends Office or in shop in the Top Plaza and park for just $9 a day
- Priority seating: look for the marked yellow Zoo Friends seating in the front rows at our bird and seal shows
- Discounts on food, shops and more! Show your card when making purchases at cafes, eateries and shops across both Zoos, as well as at Wild Ropes to receive discounts of 10-20%
- Event pre-sales: keep your email address up to date to get discount codes and exclusive pre-sale access to some of our best events, including Twilight and New Years Eve!
Renew your membership
Is it time to renew your membership? With so many things to see, and new arrivals at both our Zoos, it’s the perfect time to renew your membership! Explore Taronga Zoo Sydney’s African Savannah, and meet Amalie, the adorable Australian Sea Lion pup, or cool off at the new Waterhole Precinct at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
Renew online for just $99 for an adult, and two kids aged 4-15 are FREE! That’s 365 days of family fun for just $99!
Visit us at the Zoo, or renew online today.
Contributing to conservation
Did you know, that as Taronga is a not for profit, all proceeds from your Zoo Friends membership go back into a range of important conservation projects! From treating and rehabilitating animals in the Taronga Wildlife Hospitals to contributing to global outcomes through our range of conservation partnerships, your Zoo Friends membership is contributing to our mission of securing a shared future for people and wildlife.
To learn more about support your membership provides and how you’re being a champion For The Wild, check out the current conservation projects Taronga is contributing to, and stay up to date with the latest conservation news, including rehab stories from our Wildlife Hospitals!